Thursday 15 May 2014

Cover Stitch

Well, I've finally started having a proper play with my Janome Cover Stitch machine (Christmas present!) and my recently purchased attachments!  

So the binder is amazing, as you can see! Still playing with the tension, although the blogger who said "use the thread nets provided in the tool kit" should be applauded! It made such a difference to the evenness of the stitches.

The Hem Guide is also wonderful, holding the hem in place as you stitch.  A perfect stretchy hem, that doesn't pop when you stretch it!  But for doing my yoga trouser hems, I did resort to a strip of tape on the machine, to line the hem fold up with.  Old school, but the fabric is so soft & stretchy it didn't like being held in the guide!! 
Next lesson is attaching the waist elastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment